After knocking out a burglar, Reese turns to law enforcement academy, believing that he has a future as a police officer. Elsewhere, Craig is laid up by injuries, thanks to being chased into traffic by Dewey's dog.
He spends his insurance money on Oliver, a Capuchin monkey "butler"--who is actually deranged and gives Craig a hard time. Francis is fired, and left with no choices, Francis and Piama leave Alaska, leaving Eric behind as a revenge by Francis.
After knocking out a burglar, Reese believes he has a future in law enforcement so he instantly begins imposing his brutal rule on the neighborhood. However, he takes it too far when he smashes Lois' car window when she refuses to move it for pedestrians. This leads her to severely punish Reese for wrecking her car (forcing him to climb up a tree to avoid getting punished by her). This may imply, with the police coming over, that Lois may be arrested for chasing Reese up a tree.
Hal, who wasn't even able to make it out of bed when the burglar broke in, tries to prove to himself he can be macho but it proves to be useless, while Dewey refuses to sleep, keeping Malcolm awake too.
Elsewhere, Craig is laid up by injuries, thanks to being chased into traffic by Dewey's dog. Rather than spend the insurance money on a nurse (per Lois' recommendation) he instead gets Oliver, a capuchin monkey "butler". For a while, he does exactly what Craig asks of him, including making tea for Lois when she visits. But soon, Oliver is revealed to be deranged and quickly gives Craig a hard time, such as forcing him to eat hot lasagne, making him a milkshake with drain cleaner in it (and forcing him to drink it), setting the thermostat to uncomfortably high levels, and locking him in the house. When he tries to warn Lois, she gets angry at Craig thinking he's making excuses so she would have an affair with him. She reminds him about her previous warning in being sensible in using the money to hire a qualified nurse and leaves him. Hal comes to Craig's rescue by defeating the monkey and also restoring his self-worth to be macho. End result, Hal happily reads Dewey a bedtime story of his exploits, which finally helps him and Malcolm finally fall asleep.
With the logging work done, Francis is fired and finds out that his home is scheduled for demolition, but Piama refuses to leave... at least, until she sees the settlement check. As a result, they finally bid farewell to Alaska, leaving Eric behind to hitchhike his way home (Francis' revenge against him for suggesting to find work in Alaska).
- Craig's age is revealed to be 36.
- Craig is in a wheelchair and bandages and mentions that this is because Dewey's pet dog attacked him. This is a continuation of the events of the episode Dewey's Dog, where Craig's last appearance was being chased out of the house by Dewey's new pet guard dog.
- Final appearance of Eric in the series. The last thing he did in this episode was attempt to hitchhike a ride back to Texas, trying to get Francis to stop the car so that he could get in. However, Francis completely ignored him and left him alone in Alaska, leaving him to walk the rest of the way.
- This final scene is possibly an in-series reason why Eric never appeared again. This was also intentional since Francis wanted revenge against his former classmate and friend for even suggesting to find work in Alaska
- Francis and Piama drives past the hamster in the orange ball. Dewey had set free in the episode Health Scare. This is it's fifth and final appearance in the series ("Health Scare", "Poker", "Reese Drives", and "Hal's Birthday")
- In Dewey's Opera, Hal reveals he's afraid of monkeys. The events that happened in this episode might have caused that fear.
- This is the 3rd time Lois has been arrested