|Season 4, Episode 11|
If Boys Were Girls
Lois takes Malcolm on a long drive and talks about sex the whole time. Reese smack talks a man who is in jail for life. Dewey accidentally starts a war between Hal and his friends before their show starts.
- Dewey: Why do I have to be here? Why couldn't I go snowboarding with Reese?
- Hal: Reese isn't snowboarding. That was just a lie Mommy and Daddy told. Reese is in jail.
- Dewey (happily): For how long?
- Hal: A few hours.
- Dewey (disappointed): Oh.
- Hal: So, what'd you think, Dewey?
- Dewey: It's cool. it's fun the way you guys move.
- Hal: Yeah.
- Dewey: How come you're always in the back?
- Hal: I'm not always in the ... Will, even if I am, it's not about where anyone is. It's about what's best for the group.
- Dewey: Okay. Why's it best for the group to put you in the back?
- (Hal stops in his tracks, put into a state of shock)