|Season 4, Episode 2|
Humilithion is the second episode of season four of Malcolm in the Middle.
It's Malcolm's first day of high school but on the first day, he's already embarrassed by his mom and gets a nickname that'll stick with him for life. Meanwhile, Francis gets a new job, working at a cowboy ranch.
Malcolm goes to high school for his first day. Unlike everyone else, Malcolm is very excited for his first day. Lois and Hal have to do work for the school for the first week. Also, Lionel Herkabe is working at the new school. When Malcolm first gets there, his old friends are very embarrasing and he tries avoiding them in order to keep himself from being bullied like he was in Middle School.
With the new schedule going on, Dewey gets to stay at home alone for a large amount of the day and begins to enjoy his life at home, not having to put up with his annoying brothers and his mean parents.
Francis' new boss, Otto is being way too nice to the other co-workers by giving them all vacations and time off, meaning that he's the only one who has to do all of the work.
When Malcolm gets his textbook for the year, he notices that there is a bunch of vandalism and torn out pages in it and it's in extremely poor quality. He goes to return it, but the lady assumes that he's the one who destroyed it. So, he goes to his mom, who is someone else giving out textbooks for the school. When he does, Lois notices a stain on his pants and starts cleaning it and complaining about it in front of everyone. The next day, Malcolm has the nickname "Stain" being given to him and he is stuck with this nickname for the rest of his life. His old friends watch and Stevie says that he's being justified for ignoring them.
Hal gets in trouble with Mr. Herkabe for neglecting his work, which gets him expelled from his work at the school.
Malcolm is sitting at lunch all alone because nobody likes him. His old friends come back and say they forgive him for ignoring them. Malcolm tells them that he wants to be known as someone likeable in front of the other high schoolers because he's shallow and he really cares about other people's opinions on him.
- Malcolm and Reese start going to North High School in this episode.
- In this episode, Dewey takes up an interest in playing the piano, which would later become a recurring theme in the series.
- This is Cynthia's last appearance in the series.
- Malcolm says that he's been a Krelboyne for four years at one point in this episode. However, since this is the very beginning of his fourth school year, after being deemed a Krelboyne in 6th Grade, he has only been a Krelboyne for three years.
- Cynthia's chest is nowhere near as developed as it was shown to be in Cynthia's Back, proving that to have been fake.
- Malcolm had strapped on the seat belt when he got into the car to carry out his plan. But when Lois pulled him out, there was no unbuckling of the belt.