|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||February 27, 2000|
|Written by||Linwood Boomer|
|Directed by||Todd Holland|
Malcolm's older brother, Francis just escapes from is Military school and comes back home to see his girlfriend, Beebee.
Malcolm, Reese and Dewey are quietly sleeping, when Lois rips open the curtains and tells them breakfast will be off the table in five minutes.
Francis decides to go on AWOL from military school to come back home with his ditzy girlfriend and dream of about them running away to Canada. It is revealed that she is a thief and that does pays no attention to Francis whatsoever by Malcolm who was giving her a letter from Francis.
When the family is eating dinner the phone rings and the mother Lois picks it up an exclaiming that Francis has run away so Malcolm assures them he is okay so making Lois question what he knows, and while under pressure middle child and he accidentally squeals. so he tries to distract her by saying he met Beebee at a park near the soccer field an causes Lois deiced to catch the wrong guy meets up with Francis so it requested and says that they should break up because it isn't working out for her. Malcolm runs off to warn Francis that their mother has sought out to get him, and Dewey eavesdrops on their conversation so Malcolm lies and says he was talking to the monster that was under his bed.
Lois is at the park and disturbs several couples upon trying to find Francis with his girlfriend and she stops to lectures a couple about breaking hearts and love and Reese and Dewey are at home on the couch, so a while on Dewey is over exaggerating about the "monster" he had heard in their backyard, so Reese disagrees with him. Malcolm is sitting at the dinner table snacking on crackers and have kind od feelings so then he go to his bedroom an sees Francis standing their in the doorway, cleaning off and also explaining that Beebee broke up with him.
Francis says goodbye to his brother Malcolm and packs his bag and hops out of the window so he would walk down the street, when a car pulls up behind him to offer him a ride so It turns out to be his father Hal, who found him on the street only because of Malcolm ratting him out once again.
- Bee Bee implies that she's watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Hal and Reese dicuss the game Mortal Kombat, and how it's hard to beat the last level.
- Francis and Malcolm mention their grandma before she makes her first on-screen appearance in The Grandparents.
- While Lois was trying to get the information out of Malcolm about Francis, that you can see one of the hanging yellow coffee cups in the background on the left is gone and In the next scene, it was back. so on the shelve in the area the middle coffee cup is moving to left on the right.
- During Hal and Reese's conversation about Mortal Kombat, they say that the final boss is Sub-Zero, when the real final boss is Shang Tsung.
- Hal tells Francis that he's never been dumped before. However, in the episode Family Reunion, he implies that he has been dumped, when he tells his father that "He was never there for him when he got dumped."