|Season 05, Episode 18|
|Air date||May 2, 2004|
Polly in the Middle
Dewey is taking a test to determine what his learning level is. Malcolm remembers that this is the same test that got him into the Krelboyne class when he was Dewey's age and to save his reputation, Malcolm convinces Dewey to fail the test, by letting Reese take it for him. This backfires, however, as it actually lands Dewey in the 'Buseys' which is a class for emotionally disturbed. Meanwhile, Hal runs into Criag at a restaurant arcade, playing Jump Jump Dance Party. (a parody on Dance Dance Revolution)
- First appearances of David Hanson, Zoe Desenea, and Chad.
- Much like how the gifted class has the nickname "The Krelboynes", this episode shows that the school also has an emotionally disturbed class called "The Buseys".
- Jump Jump Dance Party is a parody on Dance Dance Revolution.
- The songs that play on Jump Jump Dance party throughout the episode are Milkshake by Kelis, The Hampsterdance, a remake of Double Dutch Bus originally by Frankie Smith, a remix of All Around the World by Cooler Kids, and a remake of Sometimes When We Touch originally by Dan Hill.
- Lois called Hal and Craig "Fred and Ginger". This was a reference to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Two famous dance partners that were featured in many movies about them.
- After being called "Fred and Ginger", Craig said "I thought they were Fred and Barney", referring to Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble from The Flintstones.
- Bryan Cranston (Hal's actor) said in an interview that he and Dave Higgins (Craig's actor), had to practice playing six weeks of "Jump Jump Dance Party" in order to prepare for their roles in this episode.
- Bryan Cranston's dancing sequence received an Emmy award for "Outstanding Choreography".