|Clip Show 2|
|Season 04, Episode 17|
Clip Show #2 is the seventeenth episode of season four of Malcolm in the Middle.
In this second clip show, Hal and Lois are penning their will, and think back to all the trouble their sons put them through.
In this second clip show, Hal and Lois are penning their will. They think back to all the trouble their sons put them through. During this time, she and Hal fight over their abilities to do their will. Lois is still insistent they can do it without help. Hal is unconvinced and he wisely forewarned against making out the will. He knows that neither he and Lois are equipped for the task and wanted to go to a qualified professional to make out the will.
Their fighting becomes increasingly worse when they accuse each other in failing to handle their finances better. Hal points out that Lois' overbearing, low class and controlling nature will lead to her death first over his own. Clips shows support to his argument, which offends Lois. She then points out his inability to help her deal with their sons is what will lead to his own death.
It is there that Lois' problems with Francis are finally revealed and how her inability to admit when she is wrong lead to a lot of the problems the family has been dealing with.
- This is the second clip show episode, with Clip Show being the first.
- This is also the second episode to end in "#2", with Poker #2 being the first.
- This is the first and only episode of the series not to feature Malcolm. Although he may not have appeared physically, he did at least appear in flashbacks.
- Also this is the first the episode where Francis does not appear.
- This is also the 2nd time Lois' problems with Francis is explored, but also the first where Lois willingly admitted where she went wrong.