|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Air date||December 17, 2000|
|Written by||Alex Reid|
|Directed by||Jeff Melman|
High School Play
Old Mrs. Old
After being beaten by a girl in a wrestling match, Reese relinquishes his role as the school bully, which allows people to start picking on Malcolm, but returns when people enter the off-limit zone (Picking on Stevie).
Francis tries to come home from military school for his birthday to avoid a brutal birthday hazing ritual of having his whole body shaved.
Reese is suddenly the school hero when he joins the wrestling team, but after he gets thrashed by a girl wrestler, he misses that feeling of pride. He decides to give up being the school bully and instead tries to do many misguided good deeds.
The school kids are excited to be out from under the reign of Reese. Malcolm is happy at first and relishes his newfound freedom by insulting the mini bullies who take quick offense for it. In that moment, he comes to regret his newfound freedom and learn just how much everyone hates his sarcasm. The mini bullies target Malcolm not only because he hurt their feelings, but also they hated Reese. They felt like that he was taking advantage of their fears because he had Reese protecting him. The other Krelboynes are not spared mainly due to their friendship with him. Malcolm soon realizes that things were better off with Reese as the main bully
Meanwhile, Francis is scared of the school tradition of having every hair shaved from his body on his birthday, begs his parents to fly him home, but they can't afford it. Finally, he thinks he has an out when he injures his hand and the nurse takes pity on him and invites him over to her apartment for birthday cake. Lois and Hal, feeling guilty for not being able to fly Francis home, send him a birthday basket of cookies, which reveals to all of Francis's fellow cadets what he's been trying to hide: it's his birthday. Francis ends up going on his hot nurse date with absolutely no hair.
Just as Reese is about to join a feel-good cult, Malcolm and the Krelboynes beg him to regain his crown as school bully because lots of little bullies are causing anarchy. Reese at first refuses, claiming it's in the past. That is until he notices many of the bullies start picking on Stevie who is wheelchair bound. This proves to be a violation to his bullying manual and Reese reverts back to his old self to beat up the bullies in retaliation. With him reclaiming his position as head bully, order has been restored. The mini bullies stated hating Malcolm and the Krelboynes a whole lot more because they brought Reese back.
- Jane Kaczmerek as Lois
- Bryan Cranston as Hal
- Christopher Kennedy Masterson as Francis
- Justin Berfield as Reese
- Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey
- Frankie Muniz as Malcolm
- Craig Lamar Traylor as Stevie
- Eric Nenniger as Eric Hanson
- Kasan Butcher as Cadet Joe
- Evan Matthew Cohen as Lloyd
- Kyle Sullivan as Dabney
- Mike White as coach
- John Lacy as spectator
- Eric Fleeks as ref
- Laura Henry as Jeffrey's mother
- Ellis E. Williams as patient
- Susan Yeagley as nurse
- Eric Marquette as Braveheart
- Tyler Roche as Jeffrey
- Jerry Messing as big kid #2
- Jacob Franchek as big kid #3
- Nick Fuoco as big kid #4
- Kenneth Schmidt as little kid #1
- Dion Clinton Overstreet, Jr. as little kid #2
- This is the last episode to air in 2000.
- This episode takes place on Francis' birthday. In the episode Flashback, it was shown that Lois got married to Hal while in labor with Francis, and didn't give birth to him until they were officially married, in order to keep him from being born out of wedlock. That means that this episode was also Hal and Lois' anniversary.